Monday, June 14, 2010

Lifeline Bookfest Finds Galore today!


Having a rummage through two million second-hand and vintage books, CD's and Magazines at the Lifeline Bookfest at the Brisbane Convention Centre was how we spent our public holiday today.

For the international readers Lifeline is a charity organisation and hold  Bookfests twice a year.




We also enjoyed the laments of a comical announcer...


These books are my favourite finds and I can't wait until I can curl up in a chair and read to my hearts content!



For those living in Brisbane it is on again tomorrow. Usually quite a good day to go as most books are reduced to half price! A book lover's paradise.

7 comments:

brismod said...

Great finds Pam! Love the French book for children and the garden styles for Qld. You'll have to share if you learn anything new. x

Anonymous said...

Lucky you.... how come you were able to be so restrained, or are there more goodies you are keeping to yourself?

petals and vintage said...

Hello Maggie, A girl can only carry so much and these books were sooo heavy! Most people fill up suitcases but I don't need that many. In fact I will have to give some others back to Lifeline to make space for these beauties! Have a great week.
Pam

sharingjam said...

Hi. Welcome to blogland. No need to thank me... I'm loving being part of the bloggie community. One of these days I might even feel confident enough to use my REAL name!! :)

Love your designs by the way!

the old boathouse said...

Hi Pam, nothing beats a good rummage on a holiday, cheers Katherine

Cornflakes and Honey said...

Oh I love the last read. Thrifty Woman's Handbook, that's right up my street!!

Looks like you had a great time treasure hunting all the while giving to charity and recycling, there's nothing like it, sigh!

:-)

Thea said...

You did well! I got a Tricia Guild book too that I forgot to mention when I met you today. Thanks for the goodies. See you soon. x