Monday, July 26, 2010

Thank You and My Vintage Garden Finds

First of all I would like to say thankyou to all of you for your lovely comments on my recent 'simple wedding' post. It was lovely to hear from you all. I am back now so I hope to catch up and get to all of your blogs very soon. Thanks also to my new followers -nearly 50 now so exciting!

I also wanted to share some recent finds with you. I was the lucky winner of these gorgeous outdoor chairs from the ever so delightful Katherine at the theoldboathouse. I love Katherine's vintage items and the service with a smile is second to none! 

I can't wait to paint these chairs as they will then match my other iron outdoor furniture that I have already acquired and placed in the garden.



The scrolly hanging came from a demolition yard, the unpainted cement planter box was left here by the previous owners so I had to paint it white and attach an applique didn't I? The table and chair setting was a thrift store find.



The garden seat came from the local recycle store at the tip -I paid $10! The scrolly planter was also a thrift store find.

I have a bit of a European and a 1950's thing going on in my garden which blends in with the garden makeover which I will leave for another post. You will be surprised!

My camera was soaked by a huge wave on our HM (we were too by the way...don't laugh) so it is now in camera heaven. These photos are not the best but will give you an indication of my vintage garden finds. What's a girl to do with a blog and without a camera?


Have a wonderful Monday!







11 comments:

brismod said...

Isn't Katherine lovely! You have some nice garden furniture. I love that old iron furniture.xx

the old boathouse said...

Awww you girls are just so lovely!! It was great to meet you Pam and I love my beautiful soap..I fear I have been so muddled and busy of late but I am keen to show everyone your handywork. Such a shame bout the camera...maybe you need to shout yourself a new one as a wedding gift to yourself. Your garden is so beautiful and I spied your lovely iron work on the wall in your wedding pics, it looks great..Katherinexx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for joining my small, but perfectly formed, band of loyal followers over at my blog at laburnumcottage.blogspot.com
As you will see from my blog, I never use photos... it's tempting, but I really prefer the power of words and the use of imagination, mine and those who read the ramblings of a nearly officially, Old Age Pensioner!!!

Jenny said...

Nice finds Pam, welcome back and looking forward to your garden reveal. I agree with Katherine, shout yourself a new camera!

Kym said...

Oh what beautiful finds.. just gorgeous. Congratulations on your wedding..I have just caught up on that as I have been MIA. Such a perfect way to do it. Kym X

Thea said...

Your garden looks fabulous and I don't think the photos are that bad either.

bellaboo said...

So pleased you like my blog and thanks for following!
I love your garden..it looks so lush and tropical.I would like to add my congratulations too.

Bellaboo ;0)

The Patchwork Heart said...

Can you tell me how you added 'lovely' comments after the blog post where it details how many comments the post has? Please!
Heather x

Angel's Attic said...

Lovely garden furniture and glad you had a great HM even if you did get a bit wet...
Take care.
Nickyx

vintage mum said...

So pleased you had a good time,
lovely garden must be nice to know you can rely on the weather, we have to toss a coin :)
Thanks for your comments
Cate x

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Oh my.... I have to come back.... lots of lovely things to see and read!

Happy Day.........