Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Thrifty Vintage Finds Around The House


Thrift store and market finds in the house. Magazine holder from Chandler market, table from thrift store - I added the fabric which I bought from remnant shop in UK. (Oops, sorry for the reflections in the photo)

Royal Albert orphan cup from Chandler Markets, blue and white vases from a local garage sale.






Blue and White willow pattern preserves jar from strange old collectable store on the Bruce highway going north, in the middle of absolutely nowhere!


The beauty of this vintage table is that the fabric can be changed as it just sits under a glass top. I am one to change things around the house so this will suit me fine!

.

7 comments:

Thea said...

I love everything! I REALLY love your new blog header. Gorgeous! x

brismod said...

Beautiful, Pam. You're very good at finding lovely pieces.

the old boathouse said...

I love fabric under glass on side tables I agree it is such a fun way to revamp and personalize them....that fabric is lovely, cheers Katherine

Jenny said...

Nice little treasures, especially the blue and white jars!

Unknown said...

What a clever idea, to add the fabric! I love it! XO!

Cornflakes and Honey said...

I love these vases, I seem to have a collection of them going at the moment, especially blue and white.

My dining table is like your new white one, it has a glass top which means my table cloth never gets stains on - brilliant! And, of course it can be changed - which is something I do too! Mixing it up as always. Hope you're having a good week :-)
xx

Pearl Maple said...

Well done, clever find and nicely combined with the cloth for a unique addition to your home.