Saturday, May 8, 2010

Kidston Rosali Op Shop Find -My First Post

While visiting the Gold Coast this week I found an amazing Op Shop. I say this because I found an $8 bargain and I thought I would share it with you. I picked up a Queen Doona Cover and two pillow slips in a discontinued vintage Cath Kidston print. I understand this print was sold through Ikea. I love this print and in a creative mood....what to do with it?

I had a lampshade in the lounge which was just waiting for a makeover. It was a plain cream colour- a canvas for me.

Grabbed the glue gun and fabric adhesive, chopped up a pillowcase and voila, instant  change!!  Love it!!

 I added white braiding and a handmade beaded fringe I bought on Etsy a few months ago.

What to do with the rest? mmmmm..







A bayside moment for you...

5 comments:

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Hello
Welcome to blogland! Thank you for your lovely comment about my blog/posts. I have been blogging for just over a year and love it.

I really like how you have transformed the lampshade, it looks so pretty like that.

You are lucky to have such stunning views on your doorstep, it looks beautiful. It's always interesting to see where other bloggers live.

Have a lovely weekend
Warm wishes
Isabelle x

petals and vintage said...

Thank you Isabelle for being my very first follower and the very first to comment on my blog. I am hoping that I will enjoy blogging as much as you have. Pam x

Cornflakes and Honey said...

Thanks so much for visiting Cornflake!

I love Cath Kidston prints so I'm loving the fact you found some and for only $8!! Wowee! Isn't it amazing what you can get and for so little in op shops! I'm totally addicted to shopping at them!

Lovely blog, you have a second follower now.

Vintage from the Village said...

Hi Thanks for message on my blog, pleased to meet you !
You live in such a lovely place by the look of it and I love the lamp shade !
I will follow your blog
Best wishes
Sue x

vintage mum said...

Hi just found your blog, what a lovely lamp makeover.
Pop over anytime for a cuppa : )

Cate x