Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Around Home and My Creative Space

A few random images from home this morning - with my Mother's Day flowers of course!








Sharing the view from my blogging space... my crafty and creating space.
Sitting at the laptop and looking across the tables... this is what I see.
I have changed this room space so many times and it has never been quite right.
 I think I have done it now - it feels right and this time I have a view when I sit at the 'laptop' end.

I flung the shutters wide open this morning, the sky was blue and everything looked so green.



My beloved Tropical Birch Tree in the centre, is just about to shed it's leaves.
I love the way deciduous trees shed their leaves and create a stark austere silhouette.
Then they burst into new growth when Spring is around the corner.


If I walk over to the window this is what I see as I look down.
.


I must finish my quilt...

13 comments:

Unknown said...

You have a lovely garden and a wonderful view. Your flowers are lovely to can't beat a vase of flowers to make you smile. Have a lovely week and happy quilting, dee x

A Treasured Past said...

Beautiful Pam, so sunny and bright! I hope you had time to enjoy the view and do a little on your quilt.

Have a lovely week, Tam x

Linda Lilly Cottage said...

How can you finish your quilt with beautiful views like that? Gorgeous gorgeous...love your flowers and the chair and good to see you are reading my kind of books...love books too...
Kiss Noises Linda

**Anne** said...

Your flowers are lovely and the way you styled your photos is gorgeous.
You have a beautiful garden. The Silver Birch is one of my favourite trees.
Your creative space looks lovely too, so fresh and bright.
Have a lovely evening,
Anne xx

Makeminemidcentury said...

I think I may have said before what a beautiful house you have, Pam. All clean and neat, with a lush garden and beautiful flowers.

And now! I spy an overlocker! Don't you love them? Mine is like a fifth child to me.

Naturally Carol said...

Just love those cushions with the white as a contrast for the aqua. Your garden is beautiful!

The Pink Poodle said...

Lovely peaceful view Pam...
great for inspiration...so finish that quilt!!~~

xx andrea

ps..will have to get the low down on good op shops in auckland from you at some stage (if that is okay?)..

xx andrea

Jenny said...

Pam you look like a serious sewer, if you only lived closer.... And a lovely garden to enjoy whilst you are at it. ;-)

the old boathouse said...

Pam , everything looks so wonderful. Lots to inspire you. Xxx katherine

Deb said...

Your flowers, house, and garden are just lovely. I'm pretty sure you are too.

Claus said...

lovely white flowers!!...somehow, I remembered exactly how they smell, just by looking at them. Odd, right? :o)
have a lovely day!

Unknown said...

Lovely views! You have such a lovely garden! A great place there to sit and sew with the shutters open! :) x

Tiff said...

Oh Pam, I would love to grab that pile of books (and a cuppa) and curl up in that chair for a read! It looks so inviting! I love that fabric you have on the cushions too. I am very envious of your view from your sewing table! Your garden looks amazing! X