Friday, June 24, 2011

A Tea Party with a Certain Style...

If you were looking for me yesterday, this is where you would have found me.
I was invited to a Mad Tea Party on Bribie Island...

...An idyllic location Linda of Lilly Cottage chose to host her Mad Hatters Tea Party.
Just look at her style!


 On the Esplanade at Banksia Beach.
You can see the stunning backdrop of the Glasshouse Mountains in the distance.


Before we could sit on these gorgeous mis-matched chairs...


or sit at the beautifully adorned table with muffins in vintage cups, coloured vintage glassware and vintage teapots...


...and displays of vintage glass bottles...


...we had to find our own tea cup!
 The rules were simple.
We had to find a matching tea-cup and saucer that just happened to be hidden in long grass.
So much fun!

So.... passers-by were treated to a glorious vision of women frantically rummaging in the long grass on the foreshore....all in the name of tea of course!
.

Pomegranate Punch anyone?




Fabulous food, friendly and very chatty company and a totally beautiful setting.

The gorgeous Linda and her very dapper husband Tim catered for our every need.

They organised a game of croquet - how posh!

Forgetting (I really don't know how) to try one of Tim's home-made heart shaped scones.. I am hoping there will be a next time!


Thanks for a fabulous Tea Party day on Bribie Island.
A Tea Party with a certain Linda style...perfect in every way.

I am sure I won't be the only one to be inspired to host my own tea party...one day!

30 comments:

Peta said...

ahhh, looks amazing!

Linda Lilly Cottage said...

Oh Pam...gorgeous gorgeous photos ( I think they are better than mine might have to pinch them hehe...see giggling noises will now be included after anything I am joking about for future reference).
Anyhoo...it looks stunning and I am so glad that you were able to attend...not sure about the last photo though ( I am so vain)..
Such fun...now where shall we be next time?
Kiss Noises Linda

Sarah B said...

How gorgeous!!! What a beautiful table setting - I love the look of the mismatched china. Happy Friday :)

Deb said...

It looked like so much fun! I can just picture you all searching for your tea cups.

brismod said...

What a fabulous idea for a tea party. A tea cup hunt is just hilarious. What fun it would've been.xx

**Anne** said...

How much fun you must have had! I love the idea of looking for a matchin teacup and saucer in the grass. What a great way to get everybody involved first up.
Thanks for sharing you lovely photos.
Anne xx

Naturally Carol said...

How much fun was that? Looks like you had a terrific time..and with beautifully laid out tables and georgeous tableware!

Jenny said...

How gorgeous does it all look and you had a lovely day to boot! What a fun way to spend the day. ;-)

Tiff said...

Oh Pam, your photos are lovely! Wasn't it a gorgeous day! Linda and Tim are just the most amazing hosts.... the setting was devine and the table looked sensational! I had such a wonderful time and I am also inspired! It was so nice to have all that scrumptious china and glass on that beautiful linen! It was such a fun, memorable day! X

polkadotpeticoat said...

Wow now thats a party.....how fun!
I'm just amazed at all the lovely dishes and such!

Cornflakes and Honey said...

Oh my goodness where was I? :)

What a great host putting on such a beautiful spread. Love the location and mismatching chairs and china - picture perfect! x

A Treasured Past said...

How fantastic, the muffins in the teacups look delicious. I would be afraid the teacups would break. It looks like a beautify day. Tam x

the old boathouse said...

Boo! Bad enough that I couldn't make it there now you taunt me with these gorgous pics!! Not fair...ha I knew it would be amazing Linda is so lovely and so clever...ahh next time xxxxKatherine

Unknown said...

O wow that actually brought a tear to my eye such a beautiful lovely location and such a sweet idea and everything looked stunning and fun, dee x

Ky said...

Heavens to Betsy...there just aren't any words...!!!!!!

Michelle said...

That's absolutely fabulous! some people are so talented. I'm not too shabby at quilting, but could never put something like that together! And the setting..... amazing! Michelle x

Unknown said...

Wow!! That was one fantastic tea party!!! Everything looks so perfect and what a view!!!!
You were one lucky lady!
Chris :o)

Comeca Jones said...

Everything look so beautiful.

Deborah said...

Wow, this looks so amazing and beautiful! wish I had been :)

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

ittybittyandpretty said...

it was lovely and your pictures are wonderful. nice to have met you.
xxrosey

Brenda Pruitt said...

I bet that was a funny site to passers-by!
Brenda

Makeminemidcentury said...

Pam, that looks magical.

Linda should be very proud of herself. She's made the tea party look absolutely gorgeous!

What a lot of effort! And it shows!

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

WOW I'm so jealous, it looked divine!!!

Joolz said...

It was such a lovely day and your pics are great! Lovely to have met you!

Kellie Collis said...

These are lovely! Those vintage bottles look beautiful! Have a delightful day, Kellie xx

Olive Grove Primitives said...

Hi Pam, We had such a beautiful day Linda did an amazing Job the weather was perfect, I love your post and photo's it will be a day Lisa

helen tilston said...

Thank you for the wonderful escape this morning.
Your tea party leaves me speechless. Thanks for a lovely and enlightening post. I will be following you.
Helen Tilston

Tricia said...

Oh my, that looks amazing. I love the little muffins or scones that are baked in the tea cups.

Flotsam Friends said...

You guys are incredible! What an amazing thing to do... Love everything about it. Pxxx

beachvintage.com said...

Oh my goodness, wow, at first I thought these were photo's from a magazine shoot! Linda you look and are amazing!