Monday, September 3, 2012

Finds, Laces and Florals.


An op shop find over the weekend, a gorgeous signed floral oil painting. Another one for my collection. Professionally framed (I like that),and with a huge ornate frame (I like that too!). 


Playing with these gorgeous European laces over the weekend. Swiss, Austrian and French. Sounds like I have had such a cosmopolitan weekend, and I have...entertaining our relations from the UK has been pretty time consuming - another two weeks to go!









I have been wanting to make fabric flowers for a while now and I did sneak off to my craft room for an hour or two to use up some of my fabric scraps. These are what I made.




I love them!





Also picked up this piece of retro hot pink fabric. I can feel a couple of cushions coming on!




...and this piece... my favourite...
...hot pink peonies and aqua hibiscus!
Come on summer!




To be honest with you, I seem to post over on my Facebook page more regularly these days. Please come over and join me on my Petals and Vintage page. You will be more than welcome.

Enjoy your week. 
Pam xx



11 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

Hi Pam..glad you could spend a little time here as well. I think your frilly fabric flowers are fabulous!

Sarah B said...

What beautiful goodies, you are such a talented lady. I must say, your photos are so good, including the ones over on Facebook. I have been meaning to tell you that - I'm just much of a commenter on FB.
xx

Joolz said...

Oh my goodness what lovely lace!! I love your fabric flowers & the beautiful painting! Great finds!

Restyled Vintage said...

Love it all Pam, especially the painting, I have one similar and only paid $10 for it.

I didn't realise you had a facebook page, I post more on mine than my blog too, it is just easier and quicker!

Will go and find your page now :)
xx Karen

Restyled Vintage said...

ps. you should put a facebook widget on your blog sidebar, people can then 'like' your facebook page straight from your blog :)

Heirloom treasures said...

Pam, your floral flowers are lovely. The painting is beautiful. I would love to see the frame you mentioned. Yes lovely to see the end of winter. x

Anonymous said...

Love these fabric flowers...would like to know what the plan is for them? And also loving that fabric. Just gorgeous. I really enjoy both your blog and facebook xo

brismod said...

Lovely Pam! You must be really hitting the tourist trail with your visitors. Hope they're having fun. Love your retro fabric of course!!xx

Blondie's Journal said...

Oh! Your fabric flowers are so darling! I'm glad you found some time for yourself...we all need that. Love your painting, too! :)

XO,
Jane

Unknown said...

Your flowers are gorgeous Pam ;-) And i love the fabric. dee x

Mystica said...

I so like the flowers.