Thursday, September 6, 2012

Enjoying the Beauty in Thrifted Treasures

I was just looking at these images and realising this is turning into a thrifty type of post. Putting everything together this morning I realise how little I have to spend to enjoy beauty around me.
Flowers will do it for me any time and with the addition of some favourite thrifted items..voila!

I picked up these heart plates the other day for $1 each. There were only three of them but I just fell in love with them and at that price why wouldn't you?
Hopeless romantic that I am!
The heart shaped vintage pomander was a thrift store find sometime ago.
These beautiful roses are from my sister in law.
The outdoor setting was from a garage sale and two of the chairs I bought from my dear friend Katherine at theoldboathouse.
The old brass jug was left here by the previous owners.














Really looking forward to catching up with some blogging friends at lunchtime today.

Have a lovely day.
Pam x

8 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

What a lovely romantic soul you are! Have a wonderful lunch today with your friends.

Heirloom treasures said...

Aren't the love heart plates unusual? You could do so much with those. Who can resist beautiful roses? mmm lovely xx

Makeminemidcentury said...

Did you go to lunch too, Pam? I'm so envious!

Joolz said...

Gorgeous finds & lovely roses! x

Unknown said...

I love the colour of those pink roses. Hope you had a lovely lunch. I saw pictures of food on instagram but no people.

polkadotpeticoat said...

I also adore your table and chairs.....

DbrhH. said...

Beautiful pictures as always.

the old boathouse said...

I loved seeing you the other day Pam. Those heart plates are fabulous. Hope you are having a good time with the family. Coffee time after they return?? Xxxx