I really don't want to bore you too much with my new journey trying to make a simple quilt.
A simple quilt?
I don't think there is such a thing.
Some of you indicated you would like to see my process...well here it is...
My pieces are 8 inches square.
I found out the squares have to be cut quite the perfect size.
I had to sew them into a block of four.
Yes, I am slowly learning some quilting terminology from my new best friend at the quilting store.
I have so much to learn...
Anyway, after I had sewed these blocks of four they looked like the beginnings of patchwork cushion covers
and just the right size!
I pegged them up on my shutters for a visual gluttonous display of a mis-matched florals.
I used Andrea's french inspired pegs (until I ran out of them) for that certain sense of style.
I really didn't want to take these down...
I had to sew these blocks together.
For the size I needed
I had to sew 5 blocks together in a line,
then that left me with 4 lines of blocks.
Those 4 lines of block - sewn together.
Hoping this all makes sense.
Voila all done!
The next stage is to sandwich the quilt with batting and backing fabric and then binding it. I notice that in Dee's post this morning she is clearly at the same stage and not looking so forward to it either!
I have chosen a strong cotton vintage floral sheet for my backing.
Not sure what I am binding all of these florals with -
maybe a plain black.
Hopefully the next quilt post will be when it is finished.
I have a mortal confession to make.
I have already eaten more than half an Easter egg,
and it is not even Easter here yet...!!
I have some lovely vintage finds to share with you next week.
Take care and have a fabulous weekend.